Friday, August 6, 2010

Bloom where you are planted (just stay in the pot)
















We spent a wonderful week at the 24th annual Native Plant Conference at Western Carolina University. After days spent with 329 other souls who love native plants, in a beautiful place with cool, green mountains all around, I came home to my 'portable garden' in pots and longed for a wild space. Renting a home limits what one can do with the landscape and suburban living makes the view out the windows less than inspiring. I want a mountain, a little stream and some wildflowers. Ah well, bloom where you are planted, so they say. But for now, my roots are not in the ground, they are in a pot. Someday, when we find just the right spot, I will take myself out of my container and put my roots in the lovely soil of HOME. Until then, I will bloom where I am potted - and repotted and repotted.....


No comments:

Post a Comment